Conveyancing can be a very stressful experience so making the right choice about your solicitor is crucial. We have worked with many solicitors and have gone through the conyeyancing process on a number of occasions so we are able to support you through the process.
If you do not use a solicitor with a dedicated Conveyancing Department or have never used a solicitor before we are happy to recommend Sintons Solicitors. Sintons has a dedicated Conveyancing Department who will work efficiently and effectively to make the process as stress free as possible for you. If you would like us to arrange a quote for you please do not hesitate to contact us.
To give you an idea of the timescales involved check out our guide to a typical house purchase below:
|Stage||Solicitor’s Actions||Seller’s Actions|
- Accept an offer
- Instruct a solicitor
- To contact you, laying out their terms and conditions, request proof of ID and details of your mortgage
- Provide the information requested and sign the terms and conditions
- Fixture and Fittings Form
- Property Information Form
- Leasehold Information Form
- Complete the forms as best as you can, ask your solicitor for help if you are unsure.
- Building consents
- Planning permissions
- Obtain Title Deeds and lease information
- Provide title deeds or lease if you are holding them
- Prepare the draft contract
- Discuss with you and reply to any queries from the buyer’ solicitors
- Work closely with your solicitor to answer any questions from the buyer
- Discuss potential completion dates
- Provide you with the final contract
- Read and sign the final contract.
- EXCHANGE contracts with the buyers solicitors
- Celebrate and prepare to move home!
|10||Proceed to completion:|
- Contact your lender to agree a redemption figure
- Prepare a transfer deed
- Receive the full payment for your home
- Forward any payment to you
- Vacate your property and provide the Estate Agent with all sets of keys
|12||Final Steps – |
- Receive and transfer title deeds to your buyer