Conveyancing can be a very stressful experience so making the right choice about your solicitor is crucial. We have worked with many solicitors and have gone through the conyeyancing process on a number of occasions so we are able to support you through the process.
If you do not use a solicitor with a dedicated Conveyancing Department or have never used a solicitor before we are happy to recommend Sintons Solicitors. Sintons has a dedicated conveyancing department who will work efficiently and effectively to make the process as stress free as possible for you. If you would like us to arrange a quote for you please do not hesitate to contact us.
For a basic outline of the buying process check out our guide to a typical house purchase below:
|Stage||Solicitor’s Actions||Buyer’s Actions|
- Once instructed – Write to the seller’s solicitor to request the contract details (e.g. title deeds, draft contract, lease)
- Have an offer accepted- Instruct a solicitor
- Confirm your mortgage (if applicable)
- Arrange a survey (if required)
- Contact your mortgage lender to obtain a copy of your offer
- Complete local authority searches on the property
- Arrange buildings insurance & provide information to your mortgage lender
- Report to you on any issues raised by the mortgage offer/survey, contract details or searches
- Address any problems with the seller’s solicitors and mortgage lender
- Work closely with your solicitor to resolve any issues
- Discuss and agree potential exchange and completion dates with you and the seller’s solicitor
- Arrange for you to sign the contract
- Agree to potential exchange/completion dates
- Sign the contract
- Arrange for your deposit monies to be transferred to your solicitor
- EXCHANGE contracts with the seller’s solicitor
- Transfer your deposit to the seller’s solicitor
- Exchange and completion can occur on the same day but usually there is a time delay from one day up to one month.
- Celebrate and start arranging to move home!
- Prepare the completion statement
- Prepare and send a transfer deed to the seller’s solicitor
- Request the outstanding purchase balance from the lender or purchaser
- Transfer outstanding balance to your solicitor if you are a cash buyer
- Transfer the payment to the seller’s solicitor
- Receive title deeds and transfer deed
- Register your ownership and transfer your title deeds to you or your lender